Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Painting my Home

Hi Dear Friends!

I'm so sorry I've been missing in action lately.  I'm using up some of my vacation time to try to take a bite out of painting the house.  So far I have finished painting my dining room and I hope to be finished the living room later today.  The main section has been painted but I'm now working on the section with Some of My Favourite Things.  It should definitely freshen things up and guess what?...the wallpaper in both the dining room and the living room is completely gone.  For me, THAT'S EXCITING!!!  I will post some of the before and after pictures at a later date.  I still have trim and doors to repaint lol!!  

Hang in there and please don't go away, I just love having you come for a visit.  I've been trying to get to some of your blogs but time is short as I work right into the evening.

I woke up to this beautiful sunrise this morning and it made waking up early worth it.  I'm not a morning person but things have been changing a bit.  Must be age!!  It wasn't near as vivid as the one I saw here (that sunrise was unbelievable), but beautiful all the same.  I appreciate them all.


The weather vane you see in the bottom left corner is that of a large wooden bird feeder.  Unfortunately, it's difficult to get to as the cedar shrubs have grown up around it.


Well folks, it's back to work for me.  My hubby has so graciously given me his cold.  He's been quite sick with it and today I woke up with symptoms.  I've been praying I wouldn't get it because there's just too much to be done.  Stay tuned and enjoy the remainder of your week!

Kelly

18 comments:

  1. Painting your home is very exciting and a lot of hard work! Hope your cold does not slow you down too much... Feel better soon Kelly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saying goodbye to the wallpaper must have been a happy moment. Looking forward to some before/after pics. Fingers crossed the dreaded cold does not impede your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a big job, but looks so great when you are done! We spent three days painting last weekend, too, and are so happy it's done! Hope you are feeling better SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty sunrise. I'm not a morning person either and so far (age) hasn't made me one. Sounds like you've been busy. We need to paint here too but I think we'll hire it out as none of us likes painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely sunrise photos . It is finally warming up with lots of sunshine and I am loving it . Our grass is greening up and getting thick may have to cut it this weekend ! Hey life gets busy and sometimes there just isn't much to blog about anyways unless life does get busy lol ! Thanks for sharing , hope you and hubs get well soon . Have a good week .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Evening, what a beautiful sunrise, the colour of the sky is so pretty. Life does get busy so blogging sometimes gets put off. Finally had a warm day today but rain the next couple of days.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on getting the wallpaper removed, Kelly! It sounds like you're having a very productive vacation. I look forward to seeing the before and after photos. My parents are in the midst of home renos and I was THRILLED that the hideous '80s wallpaper in the kitchen has finally been removed! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful sunrise! I am a morning person, but soon the sun will be up before me. Good luck with all your painting. Exciting stuff when you get that new colour on the walls. Removing wallpaper that others put up takes their presence out of the place and makes it all the more your own home. Hope you both feel better soon ... springtime colds are no fun.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous sunrise! How exciting to hear that your wallpaper is GONE!! You must be one happy gal! :)
    Hopefully the cold passes you by.

    Enjoy the remainder of your day~~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm excited to see what you have done. We are getting ready to paint in and out once the rain passes and the garden is in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm excited to see what you have done. We are getting ready to paint in and out once the rain passes and the garden is in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kelly, feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, bless your heart! Painting is always a tedious chore, and I sure hope you don't get sick in the middle of it! I'm so happy to hear your wallpaper is gone, I know that is a huge plus for you! I am praying for you dear friend, that you kick the cold to the curb - lots of garlic and vitamin C works pretty good for us here most of the time. I can't wait to see your pictures of all you are doing... and oh my, the sunset you shared is gorgeous!!!! Love the bright colors. Much love to you today!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beautiful photos :0) well, painting or any kind of home improvement, is quite tiring and taxing ... but once the task is done, oh my, the satisfaction is worth it :0) mari

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning sunrise photos! ;-) I look forward to seeing the photos when it's all finished. Good weekend and take care of yourself, Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning sunrise photos!!!! I can only imagine how excited you must be to have the wallpaper gone and all the painting almost finished?!?! I can't wait to see the finished result :o) Hope you feel better soon!!!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  17. How exciting to have the wallpaper down and getting the painting done you have wanted, sorry to hear you caught your hubby's cold, hopefully you will be able to kick it soon and get done everything you were hoping for. Yes it is just wonderful to be up to see the pretty sunrises, my dog makes sure and gets me up to be taken out so that I don't miss them :) Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yeah on the wallpaper! Can't wait to see the photos, but for now take care of that cold!

    ReplyDelete