Tuesday, April 26, 2016

A Spring Lily

A spring Lily?  I know, I know...these aren't lilies.  These are the pretty daffodils my granddaughter Lily and I picked this past weekend.  I've been anxious to have some of my flowers placed in the ironstone pitcher my husband brought home to me, you can see that here.  They look so fresh and pretty and I love the spring scent in the air.



  Lily and her mom came for a visit this past weekend and spent a couple of nights here.  It was wonderful to have them.  Lily is such a sweet, loving little girl.  She loves to give hugs and tell you that she loves you.  She is near perfect in my eyes lol!!  Lily will be 3 years old next month and we can't wait to celebrate.


Lily was helping her mom make chocolate chip cookies.  (Ignore the walls haha, this is an area where the wallpaper was stripped and it looks horrendous!)



Hanging out with Sneakers.



This was Lily's first opportunity to drive her little car, she absolutely loved it.  The faster she could go, the better.  Katie was blocking the way which I don't think she appreciated, she had places to go and things to do. 


She didn't go anywhere without her Winnie The Pooh backpack.  You'll notice her bubbles placed in the back of the car for future use.  It was a little chilly this past weekend so we had her bundled up.


These are the daffodils Lily and I picked.  She saved some for her mom.


A flower for her mom (and the bubbles in her other hand).  It's been too cold again to clean out the gardens, that and there are too many gardens.  This one is beside the barn.


Taking Blackie for a walk.




This is the first time on Poppa's riding lawnmower.  Don't worry...it's not running.


Chilling after a hard day's play.  She's prepared...she has her juice, a popsicle and she's watching cartoons.


I hope you enjoyed meeting Lily.  We miss her already!!!!

This coming weekend is the annual garage sale that the fireman hold in another community.  This is where we purchased our harvest table seen here.  I don't know if I can go through that kind of stress again lol.  What if I see something else I really, really want?  I had better keep my hubby close to me this time.

Thanks for dropping in folks, I love having you visit!

17 comments:

  1. Lily is so precious!!!!!!
    Sounds like a nice sale going on! Take some pics for us!
    Enjoy!
    Earlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is adorable! What a lovely granddaughter! I had a similar Winnie-the-Pooh backpack when I was little...have good memories of using it to pack lunch on hiking trips in the desert! It looks like she enjoyed every moment of her time with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning, such a sweetie!!! Love the picture with her holding the Daffodill out. Enjoy your day,Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lily is simply precious! What a sweet face and smile :)

    Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet little girls Lily is! That chair she is sitting in sure takes me back. We had, I'm sure the very same one!
    Many wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, what a wonderful visit you had! It looks as though you all had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lily is so cute. Looks like a very fun little girl and I love that you picked flowers together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it was so nice to meet your granddaughter she is such a little cutie, I love the picture of your cat just staring at her while she is looking out the window :) Those flowers are gorgeous in that pitcher, even prettier than when they were outside :) Love that little backpack of hers, too cute! We have to enjoy those precious times that's for sure. Good luck if you end up going to the sale!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe...This was a darling, darling post, Kelly.
    Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your granddaughter's cuteness is off the charts! I hope you go to the annual garage sale and share some photos of cool stuff that you find!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lily is just a precious little girl! Take some pictures for us when you go to the sale...have fun and don't stress LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lily is absolutely adorable! I'd be chilling too after such a fun and busy day. That sale sound awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lily is just so cute. I can imagine how you love to have her come to visit for a few days. So many of the things you've shown remind me of my own daughter at that age. She too had a Winnie the Pooh backpack and a cozy coupe AND the same style of chair (hers had Lion King emblazened on it). These are the best years, don't you think? Lots of words and lots of affection ;)

    You must go to the firemen's sale!! I would love to hear how you scammed another item right from under someone's nose again ;) ha ha!

    Enjoy your day Kelly,

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was such a cute post, Kelly.;-)

    ReplyDelete