Saturday, January 23, 2016

Changes...finally!!

Hi friends, so glad to have you back.  I have included some new photos of my antique corner posted last week.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get photos of the complete room.  You see...changes are finally happening here and I'm quite excited.  Hubby and I have had sooooo many discussions on what changes we want to make to our home.  He can do just about anything so it's really handy having him around.  In fact, I just may keep him LOL!! 



There is that horrible wallpaper border again (just close your eyes).

  



The previous owners left the window coverings when they moved.  We have a HUGE abundance of lace curtains, they're in nearly every single window.  I used to love lace but its no longer my thing - it has to go.  I haven't replaced any of the window coverings yet because I just can't decide on what I want.  I'm looking for that farmhouse style but there are so many variations out there.  Any suggestions?


I purchased these silk flowers from Hobby Lobby.  Although I'm not into decorating with fake flowers, I love these ones.  They add a nice touch of colour.



I purchased this old grain scoop at The Brass Armadillo in Colorado (did I already mention how much I LOVE that store????)  LOL!!  It's such an amazing place, it's a good thing I don't live anywhere near one of these stores, I'd be broke for sure.






This is the penny rug I had on a previous post.



This is one of the crafts that I was working on recently.  I have a few more items on the go, it feels so good to be crafting again.  Now, if I could just start doing it on a regular basis.



This blanket was purchased at an antique store in Ontario.  I was told it was hand woven.  I just love the colours and the texture, it was definitely a must have.



I purchased this antique sieve in Michigan along with the primitive pears.  Somebody had crafted these pears and sold them in the antique store.  I have always wanted to make some of these.




Well, this was the start of tearing down a section of wall to put in the french doors, we figured that there would be lathe and plaster behind the paneling and we were right.  If you look into the hole you will see the original boards that are on the outside wall of the original house.  This is where hubby and I hope to remove the drywall on the original outer wall to expose these boards.  Once these are exposed, we can then determine if we will leave them as is, paint them or have to cover them back up again.  I'm quite excited to see what we'll discover.


This is a close up of the hole with those wonderful old boards.  The photo doesn't quite show the natural colour.





























So if you remember from last week, this is what this area looked like before the section of the wall was removed



And this is what it looks like now.  There is still lots to be done with these doors.  The trim needs to be replaced, doors cleaned, everything repainted, etc.  The dining room behind the doors is an absolute disaster right now so don't look too closely.  We have a major clean up to do.  I'm also hoping to start painting the dining room in the very near future.


Thanks for dropping in.  Hope you'll visit again soon.

15 comments:

  1. The lace burlap pillow caught my eye immediately - it's stunning! I love the collection of buttons in the center.

    I believe I gasped out loud when you said you're getting rid of your lace curtains! Oh, how I love lace {{smiles}} But I completely understand. We all need a change and I am excited to see what you bring in.

    Also, those pears are adorable! If you make some I can't wait to see them :) Have a great Sunday! Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blanket, it looks so soft and comforting. and yes, the lace, like the wallpaper, is a remnant from the 80s I think. I'd put plain linen curtains there.
    You have a lovely home already, and the doors make such a difference to your room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning, oh my, love that old grain scoop, I would have scooped it up, tee her. I have a few I have collected, love them.... Your home is very welcoming and cozy, great decorating. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many good things happening here, but I have to point out that I'm a big fan of the sieve with the pears. Just great! Enjoy your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home really is a lovely place! I am sure that you will work out how to dress the windows in time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a big fan of the primitive style , but seeing your lovely home and how you are decorating it , my mind is changing! :-). You have a beautiful eye for furnishings and your home looks homey and so inviting :).

    I know that for the style you are decorating, swags for the top of the window seems to be what it is used the most. Plain colors or calico in darker prints are used for the top and muslin color for the bottom. Almost like a cafe curtains but without the rings holding the panels. Or maybe it is the other way around. :-)

    I know that fuzziness is out. Have fun putting your lovely home together and thank you for taking us along in the journey :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job!!!!! hOPE YOU SAVED THOSE LATHE BOARDS, CAN MAKE SOME SWEET PROJECTS WITH THOSE.
    ENJOYED READING AND LOOKING AT THE WORK YOU HAVE DONE.
    HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.....EARLENE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your decorating! Wonder how tan burlap curtains would look? They have a nice, rustic look. Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bev, sorry I don't see an e-mail, etc. for you. Thanks for dropping in. Tan burlap curtains would be nice too, what a great idea. Thanks for your input.

      Delete
  9. You have it decorated so beautifully! I really really like that grain scoop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have such a charming home and so many great goodies! How fun to find those boards underneath the lath....can't wait to see what you decide now. There is a Brass Armadillo antique mall a couple of hours away from where I live and I always find great goodies there :o)
    Have a great week!!!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  11. I only have one lace curtain left I too changed over, it is always fun to find new furnishings, have you ever looked at the Magazine Country Sampler, they have a few places in there that have some neat country curtains. Your door looks great and gives it more of an open feel. I was waiting to read that Stephanie made the pillow since that looks like her style but I see in her comment that she didn't make it, I am betting she is going to be making one like it soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those boards are gonna look great no matter what you do to them. Have fun discovering all the hidden treasures in your country home :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the country /primitive style. Your decorating is fantastic.. Your hubby is doing a great job too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love you home style! Fantastic decoration :)

    ReplyDelete